When it comes to hiring a professional upholstery cleaner, Advanced Carpet Restoration knows that what we are really talking about is the health of you and your family. A professional upholstery cleaner like Advanced Carpet Restoration can remove things like dust, dead skin and dust mites. The average person spends approximately 1/3 of their life in their bed. Knowing this, you might wonder why more people aren’t concerned about the health and hygiene of their mattress. Your upholstery and mattress can be the most soiled, bacteria-laden surfaces in your home. Cleaning the sheets and even comforters is not enough. Your mattress and upholstery are the primary sources of allergens, odor, bacteria, dust and dirt.
Hiring an upholstery cleaner like Advanced Carpet Restoration can help you avoid the following health hazards:
• Dust, dead skin, and dust mites which can cause a variety of health issues including asthma and allergies
• Urine, blood and food on upholstery and mattresses can result in odors and significant bacteria growth
• Soils which cause premature breakdown of upholstery and mattress fibers, resulting in a shorter lifespan for some of your most expensive investment pieces
Did you know that while you sleep, your body dispels millions of dead skin cells every night? Dust mites, which are microscopic organisms that live and thrive in dust, feed off those dead skin cells and multiply in our mattresses. Mattress cleaning can get rid of them.
1. Dust mites produce 200 times their body weight in excrement during their normal life span (about 1 year).
2. Dust mites feast for up to 170 days on our dead skin
3. Dust mites spread rapidly. A female dust mite lays 300 eggs.
4. They can live without food for up to one year.
5. Dust mites are the second leading cause of allergies, next to pollen.
An experienced carpet cleaning & repair specialist will respond as quickly as possible.