Tips for Disinfecting by Cleaning Professionals
Helpful Tips to Keep Your Home Coronavirus Free!
- The CDC recommends cleaning surfaces and disinfecting often. Killing germs after cleaning can lower the risk of spreading infections. Use EPA registered disinfectants.
- When using disinfectants, it is important for their effectiveness to refer to the label and follow the manufacturer recommendations.
- Have disposable gloves, disinfectants and personal protective equipment on hand and use them when cleaning and disinfecting to protect yourself.
- Make sure you evenly coat all the surfaces when applying (spraying or fogging) disinfectants.
- Wear your PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when cleaning and disinfecting. Read the labels on the disinfectant products, manufactures recommendations will vary.
- Educate yourself and have the facts for your family when they have questions.
- Follow the CDC guidelines. Visit their website and get the up to date info on the procedures for cleaning and disinfecting for the Coronavirus. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Nothing is truly approved by the CDC at this time to kill the COVID-19 strain of the Human Coronavirus because it is a new strain and testing is just starting to take place. Currently the CDC recommends you use an EPA-registered Disinfectant. See the CDC website for more information.
- Follow the CDC https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html and WHO https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
guidelines. Visit their website and get the up to date info on the procedures for cleaning and disinfecting for the Coronavirus.
- Call us with any questions our staff has taken their time to understand the effect of the Coronavirus and how to clean and disinfect surfaces properly.
- Check here for SDS information
- Know the laws and EPA regulations before you apply antimicrobials