Aside from carpet, we also provide mattress cleaning services. Isn’t it interesting that while the average person spends 1/3 of their time in bed they probably don’t even think about cleaning their mattress, yet it might be one of the most soiled and bacteria-laden surfaces in the home. Most people don’t clean their mattress simply because it is always covered. But cleaning a mattress is more than an appearance issue, it’s also a health issue! You clean the comforters, sheets, and mattress pads, but neglect the primary source of allergens, odors, bacteria, and soil – the mattress itself.
Soiled mattresses contain:
- Dust, dead skin and dust mites which can cause a variety of health issues such as agitating both asthma and many allergies.
- Urine, blood, and food on a mattress can result in odors and the growth of disease causing bacteria.
- Soils which can break down the surface fibers can cause premature wear.
While we sleep, our bodies dispel millions of dead skin cells every night. Unfortunately, dust mites, which are microscopic organisms that live and thrive in dust, feed off those dead skin cells and multiply in our mattresses. Mattress cleaning can get rid of them.
- Dust mites produce 200 times its body weight in excrement during their normal life span ( about 1 year).
- Dust mites feast for up to 170 days on our shed skin.
- Dust mites spread rapidly. A female dust mite lays 300 eggs.
- They can live without food for up to one year.
- Dust mites are the second leading cause of allergies, next to pollen.
Schedule Your Mattress Cleaning Today
At Advanced Carpet Restoration, we have the chemicals, cleaning process, and expertise to turn that mattress into a completely clean, sanitized and healthy bed that you won’t have to spend hundreds of dollars needlessly replacing….and sleep better because of it.